"The most important thing we can do for our horses is to educate ourselves the best we can on principles & factors of health & soundness." -loosie on Horseforum.com

Friday, March 18, 2011

Rain Rot

So, I'm very happy that the rain rot is going away!!
When I first saw him, it was coming out in clumps, but the amount of skin shown was minimal. When I went to pick him up the next week, it had spread throughout his entire shoulder and down his leg and to some random other spots as well because the girl didn't do anything for him!!

I first bathed him every day using Mane n' Tail medicated shampoo, which claims to treat it but I really didn't see any results. I have now started using MTG. It hasn't spread, and the hair seems to be growing back! Here are pictures:

BEFORE


AFTER

No comments: